Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Deck of Me - Surprise!


Prompt "Surprise!" I really loved this prompt because it led me to journal about memories that otherwise may have stayed buried! The card is simple, it's the journaling on the back that is important to me as it prompted me to write about experiences that I otherwise wouldn't have thought to share with my children. But, of course by the time they are old enough to appreciate these cards, they will probably already be familiar with my apparent control issues! The journaling on the back says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love to be surprised with flowers or dinner when I come home from work. But, the three most stressful memories in my life are 1) my 16th birthday party; 2) the day I was sworn into the State Bar; and 3) my wedding proposal. I distinctly remember being annoyed that my mother wanted me to run into a restaurant and pick up my own birthday cake. When I walked in the restaurant, all of my friends were there. A lovely gesture, but oh was I uneasy! All of the effort everyone went through to attend made me uncomfortable. On the day I was being sworn into the Bar, my (now) husband paged me. When I came to the reception area, he was there with my mother & sister who had flown into town for the day. Another LOVELY gesture, and yet I was paralyzed. They all laugh that I looked like a deer in the headlights. It’s a good thing that my husband witnessed my unfortunate reaction to surprise because all I remember of his proposal is that I wanted back in the car ASAP! I know I was wearing the ring when we got to the restaurant, but did I even say yes?


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jen said...

Great card and stories!

Siany said...

Thats pretty funny!! Although sounds like you were on the verge of a heart attack!! Cute card!Love the ribbon and brads(?)!!
XX

Anonymous said...

oh you are hilarious! loved reading this and so glad it 'prompted' you to get these stories down!!

Unknown said...

Funny story, fantastic card :)

Je@net said...

Hi, hi, great card ;-)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fab story, & lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Simple but great ! funny story :)